Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Little Tough Guy

Okay, I'm going to brag. Wyatt has become the best nighttime sleeper ever which just goes to show that your kids don't always inflict the same punishments on you that you did on your parents. Rumor has it that I didn't sleep through the night until I was two years old and Wyatt has seemed to master it at five months. What an overachiever!

If it's any consolation (mom), Wyatt's daytime naps are all messed up now and I'm still trying to figure out the best schedule for the little man. I either put him down too soon, which results in a 20 minute nap, or I wait too long and he's a bear to get down at all.

Wyatt has been practicing his sitting up and is making some progress but he hasn't quite learned to balance for more than a few seconds. Before you know it, he's leaning, then falling, then lying down.

Yesterday Ross had Wyatt propped up against the back of the couch cushions looking outside at the snow. Apparently Ross thought Wyatt was a little more steady than he actually was because before we knew it Wyatt was falling down and bouncing with a big BOOM up on his head and rolling down the couch seats. Thank God he didn't bounce off into the floor! Once we realized he was okay and saw his look of confusion turn into a beaming smile we just laughed our butts off. What a tough kid we have.

Within the last few days Wyatt has started to whack his fists together, one on top of the other, a million miles an hour. He does this ALL OF THE TIME, which is cute, but he hasn't learned to control his fists and is basically punching himself in the face over and over. This doesn't seem to bother him and he just flinches when the blows come close to his eyes. I'm thinking of investing in some eye protection for this kid if he keeps this up.

No comments: