Wyatt is such a doll and has brought so much joy into our lives. Even the most mundane thing is fun when you're experiencing it with a baby for the first time. His new favorite room is the bathroom. We recently bought a Bebe Pod, which is a seat that allows him to sit upright on his own while he continues to strengthen his core, and every morning I place him in that on the bathroom counter while I brush my teeth. He thinks the whole process is completely fascinating.
He loves the smell of the toothpaste (as apposed to mom's morning breath) and loves the sound the brush makes across my teeth. He also is curious about the water coming out of the faucet and is transfixed on watching it go down the drain. And what's with all that spiting he seems to wonder.
When I take my morning shower, okay my every other day shower, I put Wyatt in either his vibrating seat or the bouncy seat that suspends from the door jamb. He entertains himself by watching the steam rise up and out through the fan (wide eyed and mouth gaping) and when I get out he looks as though he wants to scream "Mom! Look at that stuff! Quick! Quick! Quick! Before it's all gone! Have you seen this stuff before?!!!"
He also gets easily spooked by too much water pressure and I caught him scooting away from the water stream the other day and leaning to one side so it wouldn't touch him. Once I turned the water back down to a trickle he was ready to play some more.
Yesterday Grandma Nancy came over to baby sit and let Ross and I get an afternoon out together- ALONE! It was just our second "date" since Wyatt's arrival and as we climbed into the truck we were missing our baby boy already.
It was a beautiful day so we grabbed our snowshoes and head up to the pass. It was only 22 degrees out so we were really layered up. I looked like the kid from the movie "A Christmas Story" with so many layers on I couldn't put my arms all the way down to my sides. But at least I was warm.We hiked for about an hour and a half and had the best time. We each took turns falling down in the snow and getting our snowshoes tangled up on each other but none of the falls was as funny as when Ross tried to sled down the mountain in the abandoned kiddie pool he found. The fact that it was abandoned should have been his first clue.
Watching a grown man- in snowshoes- trying to steady himself into a small child's pool is funny enough but when he lost his balance he hit the snow and the pool flipped into the air and landed on his head.
After losing a snowshoe, he got himself and his polls into the pool and tried to scoot his butt forward to propel himself down the slope. This worked for about three inches.
Then I suggested he run and dive into the pool head first not thinking he was really going to do it. But he did. And that ride lasted about two feet. I could barely stand, I was laughing so hard. Man I wish the camera hadn't run out of battery life!! That was blackmail material.
No comments:
Post a Comment