Happy New Year everyone. I hope you are all off to a good start in 2008. We started our year off IN THE DARK and didn't even get to see the ball drop or any fireworks which are MY FAVORITE!!! We lost power before 9 p.m. because of high winds which meant we didn't even get to watch the east coast festivities because let's face it- we are too old to stay up to midnight anymore- and didn't get power back until 5 a.m.Living without power isn't such a big deal to us except our wood stove insert operates on an electric fan to push warm air into the house. Without it, we are sunk. We put Wyatt in bed with us (oh darn) and snuggled in for the night together and thankfully the temperature never dropped below 63 degrees in the house- still chilly but bearable.
Luckily for us, I was holding Wyatt's Twilight Turtle nightlight in my hand when our world went dark so I used it to find Ross, who had been reading on the couch, and to dig up a couple of flashlights and candles that I had set out last week during a pretty strong wind storm.
With the New Year, of course I had to post my resolutions for a bigger and brighter year in 2008 but how can I top this past year?!!! Here are some of my biggies...1) Continue to raise a happy and healthy baby boy.
2) Finish the bathroom remodel which started in JULY people!!!!
3) Maybe get pregnant? Okay, I said it. We are certainly kicking around the idea of expanding the Tucci clan, and who knows, maybe late this year we will be well on our way.
4) Resume workouts, especially if we are going to have another baby. Mama's got to stay in shape to make for another easy pregnancy (minus the 10 weeks of morning sickness).
Wyatt and I have done a lot of chatting over the last few days about his goals for 2008 and let me be so bold as to share those with you...1) Learn to talk. (Specifically saying "I love you Mommy. You are the best thing that ever happened to me and I so appreciate you." Okay, so maybe I'll settle for just "Mama" and a hug.)
2) Sleep in my own crib throughout the night. (We made a huge leap forward in this resolution last night with Wyatt sleeping in his nursery from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. before getting up to eat. He then went back down until 6 a.m. and I didn't have to get up even once to find his pacifier or pat his back- AMAZING!!
3) Eat solid food. (Wyatt has been extra curious about food lately and started reaching for the foods we eat. Doc says we can begin to introduce solid foods in about 5 weeks. I have to confess that he has already gotten a little "taste" of a couple of things, namely an orange (hated it- too tart- duh mom!) and an apple (loved it- especially good for gnawing on against those sensitive gums).
Also new in 2008, Ross accepted a position with the Valley Regional Fire Authority and began work yesterday. We are hopeful this will be a positive career move for him and that he will continue to hone his skills as a firefighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment