Wyatt has become such a great sleeper in his own bed!!! Last night he slept from 9 p.m.- until nearly 4 a.m. without so much as a whimper. When he did wake up, I walked into the nursery to find him rolled over on his back and he jerked his head in my direction and flashed his million dollar smile as if to say "I knew you'd come Mommy!". What a cutie!!! As per our routine, I changed his diaper before feeding him which usually results in some minor protests (screaming bloody murder and thrashing) as he thinks perhaps I've misunderstood his early morning wake-up call for simply a wet diaper and not a ravenously hungry baby with an empty tummy. Last night however, despite not having eaten in almost NINE HOURS, he just cooed and smiled during his change and was just a little angel.
Wyatt has become quite the squirmer as of late, especially during diaper changes. He has started to stomp his feet down during the change, which has resulted in more than one direct hit of his foot IN the dirty diaper. Gross!
Now that I've been able to predict this, I've tried to change the diaper faster, while blocking the kicks. This has not been nearly as successful as I would have hoped and now instead of hitting his foot in the middle of the diaper, he tends to kick the side so his sock sticks to the velcro fastener and then he flings the entire diaper back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, until I can catch up with it and tear it off. It makes me laugh every time but I shutter to think about what he may "fling" in the future during these changes.
We had about four inches of snow fall last night but that didn't stop Ross from driving to Yakima this morning to cut up and haul back a cord of apple firewood to keep us warm. I sure picked a winner with that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment