
We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Or should I say blizzard?! After the local weather man predicted 1-3 inches of snow during the day, a storm dumped 14 inches in our front yard during the night. Ross was in heaven and we are officially snowed in.

We opted to stay in our sweat pants all day and watch football in between naps on the couch. We had hoped to take Wyatt snowshoeing around the neighborhood but the weather never cleared up enough to venture out. It's raining now so we will try again tomorrow if any snow is left. If not, we live just 15 minutes from the slopes where snow is always in ample supply.

The weather made for any interesting day yesterday as well as icy roads led to Wyatt and I being in our first car accident. We were following Ross home after picking up his truck from the auto shop and the temperature dropped dramatically, instantly icing over Interstate 90. I backed off the gas to allow more room between our vehicles but the truck behind me lost control and struck us in the rear.
Suddenly Wyatt and I found ourselves heading down the freeway sideways which is never a good thing, especially on ice. Luckily, I was able to get the car straightened back out and pulled over safely. Wyatt slept through the whole thing.

The tailgate is busted, as is the bumper and tail light, but all in all I'd say we lucked out and got off pretty easy. Someone was certainly looking out for us!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about the car accident (that SUCKS!) but OOOOH!!! I am SO JEALOUS of your winter storm!! That's one of my very favorite kinds of days ... napping through football games while it snows outside. There's a special kind of silence during a snowstorm, and it has been many years since I've heard it. Can't wait! :)
Post a Comment