Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. Wyatt and I spent the day together as Ross is finishing up his fourth consecutive day on duty- making a 96 hour shift. Holiday time can be tough for families in public service but being the daughter of a firefighter taught me that you celebrate whenever the entire family can make it. Thus we will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow with Ross' mom, sister and her four children in Marysville.

It's hard to believe that it was at last year's Christmas party that we announced to the family that I was pregnant. I plan to eat a lot more this year for sure without battling morning sickness.

Wyatt gave me perhaps the best Christmas present a four-month old can give his mother- a good nights sleep. We had gone to the fire house to have dinner with Ross last night and I fed Wyatt when we got home and watched "It's A Wonderful Life" .Isn't that just the best movie? I never get tired of it and its message is timeless.

We headed off to bed around 10:30 and the little munchkin didn't wake up to eat until 5:15 this morning!! Nicely done son! I told him at bedtime not to worry if he heard anyone in the house because it would be Santa and he took it to heart.

Yesterday morning I braved the Christmas Eve shopping crowds to buy a couple last minute gifts. I packed up Wyatt and we got to the outlet mall here in town at 9:15 am- right after the stores opened- and were back home by 10 am. We officially beat the rush and the only other shoppers out at that hour were single men who looked a bit overwhelmed. There were a lot of guys headed for the kitchen store so ladies prepare yourselves for some cookware this year.

We feel so blessed for our expanding family and hope you all have a very Merry Christmas with the ones you love.

2 comments:

DPUTiger said...

I still think that "It's a Wonderful Life" is the perfect movie. I watched for the first time in years on Monday night. I had forgotten that Ernie & Bert of Sesame Street fame were named for Ernie the taxi driver and Bert the cop in "Life." Oh, and I had to do the calculation -- The $8K that Uncle Billy accidentally gave to Potter? In today's dollars, that would have been about $850K and the $25,000 that Sam Wainright authorized for George would be over a quarter-million dollars in 2007! Glad you had a great Xmas. Miss you! :) a

Lewis Family said...

Nice Bouncy Seat