Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baa, Baa

Wyatt stunned me on Monday when he successfully identified a sheep. His grandma had given him a few farm-themed bath toys the night before and when I held up the sheep and said "This is a sheep. He says 'Baa, baa.'" Wyatt proceeded to say "Baa" and walk over to an open book that had a picture of a sheep and pointed while saying "Baa, baa." AMAZING!!! I haven't been able to get him to do it again but isn't that too coincidental for him not to understand what a sheep is? What a little genius! Ross and I keep joking about how he is already smarter than us.

Wyatt has been keeping me on my toes this week with his newest hobby- climbing. I was cooking in the kitchen the other day and he pushed the step stool over to the cupboards, climbed on top and opened the Tupperware drawer and began to empty its contents on the floor. Later, he climbed into his walker after stepping up the wheels and puling himself up onto his belly across the tray. From there he figured out how to swing his legs around and into the seat. I would have enjoyed both of these new skills a lot more if I wasn't nervously trying to brace him in case he lost his balance.

He has also developed a new love of shredding toilet paper and kept himself busy for a good 20 minutes the other night tearing apart a new roll. I know this is going to be an activity I'll be kicking myself for letting him do in the future but he was just so darn cute and I had 20 minutes of freedom to get some stuff done. I can't wait until he does this at a friend's house. That will be a fun one to explain.

Wyatt broke out in hives last night and while those welts have for the most part cleared up, he is completely covered in a bunch of new ones. We are trying to figure out what he may be allergic too, maybe the banana strawberry baby food he had with dinner last night but he's had those, and real strawberries, many times before so we are not quite sure what's causing this reaction. Thankfully, Wyatt doesn't seem to even notice the bumps, which look like they should be tremendously itchy.

No comments: