Ross and I got out of the house on Saturday to attend a friend's wedding and we had a great time. The bride was beautiful and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. One thing we did notice, however, was that a lot of women in attendance were pregnant. And I mean A LOT! Turns out a friend of our (who is 9 months pregnant) said she knows 18 people who are currently expecting, including at least 6 firefighters Ross works with. There must be something in the water.:)
Last night we began Operation Tough Love in an attempt to get Wyatt out of our bed and into his own full time. It was surprisingly a success! I usually rock Wyatt to sleep for every nap and every night (a routine I hope not to repeat with this next baby) but last night I laid him in his crib while drowsy with his fish aquarium going and some lullabies playing and rubbed his back until he fell asleep. He woke up an hour later screaming and I was able to do the same routine to easily coax him back asleep. Wyatt woke up again at 1:30 and again at 5:30 and I changed his diaper before putting him back in the crib and telling him "night-night". Both times he cried in protest but amazingly laid down within a few minutes and fell asleep!!! He slept until 8:45. I couldn't believe it!!! Our doctor had told us to prepare for hours and hours of screaming so just three minutes was a miracle. We will see what happens tonight. I'm not holding out hope that it will always go this easily, especially since he morning nap was a complete failure (crying for 30 minutes- no nap).
2 comments:
Of course, I look at the first two pictures and all I can think is "Huh. We have the same hampers!"
Miss you, my friend! ;-)
I am so proud of you. Keep operation tough love going. It will work itself out. It was great to see you guys...your house looks great!
Post a Comment