This morning I woke up in the guest room next to Wyatt (who had a meltdown last night and needed to be close to mommy at 2 a.m.). I felt him squirming around a bit and heard a strange noise so I cracked opened one eye to see him licking the wall. I would think this is weird behavior except he's pretty much licking anything and everything these days. I caught him licking the washing machine window two days ago and he tried to suck on my toe through my sock last week. All can I say is thank goodness for the pacifier. At least that keeps his mouth (and tongue) occupied for at least part of the day.
Wyatt has also become a fearless stander and while I admire his bravery he's making me a nervous wreck because he has far from mastered the skill of balance. He also has a knack of trying to pulling himself up on the most unstable of objects such as the rocking chair or my yoga ball- now there's a recipe for disaster.While he has taken a few hard tumbles, including a header against a wall last week, which resulted in a nice sized bump in the middle of his forehead, he is getting better at pulling himself up on his feet. He stood for the first time in his playpen yesterday and for the first time in his crib this morning. Of course he was sucking away on the crib railing when I found him.
We have been watching a lot of sports in the Tucci household with NCAA basketball and the start of the MLB season. Wyatt and I watched the Mariner's season opener last week, complete with his Mariner's jersey, and Uncle Wood came over yesterday to watch both NCAA semifinal games. Wood and I were tied for first place in his office pool but both got knocked out of the running last night when UNC and UCLA played horribly. There goes my prize money... thanks a lot Tarheels!Yesterday I learned an important lesson that I thought I'd pass along to any future parents that may be reading this. Do NOT leave poopy diapers in your car for more than a week. Apparently they CAN smell worse and you don't want to be the one making a run for chips with the windows rolled down in 40 degree weather. Stay tuned for more parenting tips...
No comments:
Post a Comment