
Wyatt and I did little of anything today but finished the night with a good book,
The Hungry Caterpillar, and a long soak in the tub. It was Wyatt's first bath in a full-sized tub and we had the best time splashing water at each other. It really was his first time "playing" in the tub as his old bathtub was too snug to do much flailing.

Wyatt actually sat through my first reading of "Caterpillar" but then spent the rest of our "reading" time bashing the poor caterpillar against the ground over and over. What a boy! Then he decided he'd rather play with my camera than read and both reading time and the photo session were officially over.

Our bath tonight was actually my first soak since we moved into this house three years ago. And while it didn't involve candles or even more than four inches of barely warm water, it was relaxing nonetheless.

Before we had the tub reglazed last month it was warn and always looked dirty no matter how much I scrubbed it. I wasn't about to "soak" in that. Now that it has been redone, it looks like brand new and I think I may start using my "mommy time" for some long soaks in the very near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment