Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Look At That Smile

We took Wyatt into the doctor's office last week for his 5 week check-up and he passed with flying colors. He is up to 7 pounds, 6 ounces- a full pound heavier than his birth weight. I can't say I'm surprised after feeding the little guy 24/7.

He is really beginning to change- not just in his physical appearance but in his personality too. As time goes by I think he is looking more and more like his dad and he is becoming quite the character. He is really starting to become more aware of his surroundings and does not like to stay put in one place for long. He wants to look around and see something new.

His new favorite things to look at are his cousins- Noah (9), Zion and Elijah (8) and Olivia (6). I think he looks forward to hearing new voices and seeing new faces besides mom and dad's.

Wyatt also loves movement, be it in the shopping cart or the car. He likes the car so much that many times he doesn't let himself fall asleep because he gets so caught up in watching the world fly by.

The weather is really starting to change here and I hate to say that I think summer is officially over. This has become a problem with Wyatt's attire as he still can't fit into most of his newborn-sized clothes and we have practically nothing warm that he fits into. We headed over to the local outlet mall today and were able to find a smaller newborn brand that we hope will work for the little guy over the next few months and being an outlet we were able to save 50%. Not a bad day shopping I'd say...

Speaking of shopping, we have yet to create Wyatt's nursery since his furniture was on back order. We finally got word today that his crib and other furniture have arrived so we will be picking that up this weekend. I can't wait to get his room put together and move some of his things out of our bedroom and into his. It will also be fun to see how the room comes together after months of visualizing it.

Ross is gearing back up with his officer development classes and I will be flying solo with the baby for the rest of this week and all of next. Luckily my sister, Christi, will be coming up next week to meet Wyatt and spend some time with our family. Can't wait to see you Sis!

No comments: