Saturday, September 29, 2007

Auntie Christi

Auntie Christi has been here since Tuesday and she and Wyatt have fallen in love. She says she is going to skip the make-up on Sunday when she heads home in anticipation of the waterworks. That's a big statement considering I've never seen her cry at a goodbye.

Christi has been such a help taking on full motherly duties, including feedings, burpings, diaper changes, laundry- you name it. She has even been so kind as to watch the baby while I take a nap on numerous occasions and did I mention she helped me paint my bathroom- a project I've been working on since July?!

I don't know what I'm going to do when she leaves... I recently read an article that said the optimum adult to newborn ratio is 3:1. I think Ross and I would be in complete agreement with that. That extra pair of hands makes all the difference.

Today we will be attending auntie Julie's college graduation and a lot of family members have flown into town for the event and will get to see Wyatt for the first time. He already met great grandma and grandpa Shirley and Art on Thursday and will get to meet his great auntie Val and auntie Lily today. This should be a really fun event for the family and we are so proud of Julie. Way to go!!!

No comments: