Friday, October 31, 2008

Beautiful Fall Days

We've had beautiful fall weather this week with crisp temperatures and sunny skies which is quite a treat in the Pacific Northwest this time of year. Wyatt and I spent at least a part of the last three days raking the yard to try to contain the maple leaves falling from our 120 foot tree in the front yard. Let's just say we are losing the battle... Wyatt helped me rake the leaves (I didn't have the heart to tell him his rake was upside down most of the time) and eventually abandoned the rake altogether and started carrying the leaves to our monster pile by hand. What a cutie and such a good helper!

Ross was home with us the last two days and spent his yard time cutting firewood with the chainsaw and splitting it by hand. Wyatt was also helping Dad with his chores by picking up the sawdust piles and throwing them up in the air. Wyatt also talked his dad into numerous wheelbarrow rides throughout the day, which Ross couldn't say no too.

We've really been working on getting Wyatt to help around the house and he eagerly puts his clothes in the hamper and dirty diapers in the trashcan. Many times I find clean clothes in the hamper and I have caught him trying to put my vacuum attachments in the trash but overall I'd say he's learning very quickly.

Speaking of vacuuming, Wyatt pretend vacuums with the vacuum attachments or his corn popping toy and sweeps them across the floor as I vacuum. The other day I glanced over my shoulder to see him "vacuuming" with the attachment while scooting down the hall in my high heels!! We may need some more Man-time in the Tucci household.

No comments: