Friday, October 10, 2008

14 months old

Wyatt turned 14 months old today. He has turned into such an active, loving, and curious boy and there is not a minute that goes by that I don't love being his mom. His top two teeth finally broke through over the last couple days and he officially made the move to using a sippy cup exclusively (what a big boy)!

Wyatt loves to walk in mommy and daddy's shoes...

Feed nuts to the squirrel that lives in our backyard...

Pick flowers for mommy...

Help daddy stack firewood...

And take baths.

We had beautiful weather today so we took advantage and walked down to the local park to play. We has just left our house when out of no where a Mastiff (you know, the world BIGGEST cainine) came charging at us and I though we were goners for sure. Luckily the dog was more interested in scaring us than eating us since it probably weighed a good 200 lbs!! Granddad said he would buy me a special shotgun holster for the stroller so I can turn the beast into Swiss cheese if it ever happens again. I can laugh about it now but it's not a good feeling when you know you cann't protect your child.

Once we hightailed it our of the dog's territory, we did make it to the park unscathed and had a great time. It's been out third trip to local parks this month and Wyatt is mobile enough to really enjoy the equipment. His favorites are the swings, slide and tunnels. I think he would have let me guide him down the slide another 100 times today but my back wasn't going to put up with that. A couple dozen trips down will have to do this time...

No comments: