This past weekend was Homecoming at my alma mater and my former softball coach was being honored at a retirement party after 22 years of coaching the Loggers. The school hosted an alumni game in the morning and a reception that night and we all had a great time. Close to 30 alums showed up for the event and a lot of them were former teammates of mine that I hadn't seen since graduation. Wyatt and I just watched the game since pregnant lady's aren't allowed to field ground balls- especially without practicing for 8 years- but I had a great time catching up with old friends. Wyatt loved playing in the dugout with stray softballs and unattended cans of spray paint and Gatorade bottles.
Wyatt has been getting more and more affectionate this month and it is just melting our hearts. It started one day when I told Wyatt I loved him and he leaned over and gave me a big wet kiss. Then I told him to say night-night to daddy before bed and he walked over to Ross and gave him a big hug goodnight, complete with a few pats on the back. So cute! Now he is showing an interest in his stuffed animals for the first time and carries them around the house with a bear hug around the neck. His favorite stuffed animal is this giraffe. He walks around snuggling it saying "neigh, neigh" as he mistakes the giraffe's mane as the mane he see on all of the horse pictures in his animal books.
1 comment:
What does a giraffe say? ;-)
Post a Comment