
Today marks Wyatt's 9 month birthday. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. On one hand it seems like yesterday that he was born but on the other hand neither Ross nor I can remember our lives before the sweetest baby on the Earth entered our lives on Aug. 10, 2007.
Wyatt has completely mastered the art of standing now (and falling without getting hurt) and is fearless in his exploration of the house. He has also forced us to take a real interest in baby proofing the house after I caught him French kissing an electrical outlet.

Wyatt's two favorite things right now are his walker and taking baths. He spends much of the afternoon in the walker playing hide-and-seek with us and running up and down the hallway shrieking with excitement. When he comes looking for us down the hall he likes to sneak up on each doorway, anticipating one of us jumping out with a big "Boo!" and tickling him like crazy. This sends him back pedaling down the hallway as fast as his little legs will take him with the biggest smile on his face.

Bath time has also become more fun for him as he has learned to splash around and enjoy his bath toys (although he is just as excited about sucking on the shampoo bottle). Earlier this week he realized that if he stands up in the kitchen sick that he can wrap his lips around the faucet and get a quick albeit forceful drink of water.
Wyatt also loves to play with the calculator, my hair brush, the cake baking tin, junk mail, paper towel rolls and the diaper ointment tube. The last one is one of his forbidden toys and causes a few mini tantrums a week when I have to wrestle it away from him after a diaper change. Hmm, I wonder who he gets that temper from...
1 comment:
He sounds like so much fun. I remember those days when all your attention was spent with just one baby to play with and entertain (for us that was only 16 months). Kids are so much fun. I guess now we just get four times the fun right!
Post a Comment