I celebrated my first Mother's Day last week and had the best time. I woke up with Wyatt in the guest room (like usual) to the sound of Ross sneaking out of the house at 7:30 a.m. He came home 30 minutes later with a giant bouquet of flowers, two cards (one from Wyatt) and a gift- a digital picture frame that can display up to 2,000 images- WOW! He also treated me to a strawberry waffle breakfast to cap off the morning and earn bonus brownie points. What a guy...I can honestly say that being a mother is the best thing I've ever done and I am so thankful we were blessed with Wyatt. I am also so thankful that I have such a supportive husband who encouraged me to be a stay-at-home mom while he took on the full responsibility of brinning home the bacon. Thanks Rossi! I can truly say that I have the best job (and family) in the world!
We spent the afternoon at Grandma Nancy's house and were also treated with a visit by Great Grandma Shirley and Great Grandpa Art. The four cousins were also there as Nancy was watching the kids while Julie was out of town on business making a full house. Noah made my day when he said Grace and prayed that the mom's felt "appreciative". We all knew what he meant...
Nancy and Shirley were in baby heaven and couldn't wait to change Wyatt's dirty diaper. Oh, if only Ross felt that way... Wyatt also got to use Ross' old highchair that Nancy dug out of storage. That chair has been used by Ross, Julie, Nick, Lily, Noah, Elijah, Zion, Olivia and now Wyatt and it was a kick to see how much Wyatt was interested in the wooden tray vs. his plastic one at home. This kid loves textures.
No comments:
Post a Comment