Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Flying Solo

Wyatt and I flew down to California last week to celebrate my sister's 33rd birthday and baby shower. I was really nervous about flying solo with Wyatt without Ross' back-up but couldn't justify a possible screaming baby fiasco prevent me from missing Christi's shower.

The flight really could not have gone any smoother. We got our own row and Wyatt slept through the last half of the flight. I had packed about a dozen toys and a bunch of snacks to keep him entertained but it turned out all he needed was my calculator to get us through the trip unscathed. You wouldn't believe all of the calculator comments I received from fellow passengers. The consensus seems to be that I have a future accountant or engineer on my hands.

It was great to be home for a few days and Christi was sweet enough to let Wyatt use her brand new car seat, crib and baby monitor so I didn't have to lug too much stuff by myself.

Thursday was her birthday and we went out to dinner at her favorite restaurant, Sierra Nevada Brewery. It was HOT, HOT, HOT in Chico and was 106 degrees by dinner time but Wyatt was a trooper and the weather didn't seem to bother him.

Saturday was the baby shower and about a dozen family and friends celebrated for three hours at the club house in Christi's apartment complex. She opened a million gifts, we played a few games such as "name that baby food flavor" and pigged out on punch, fruit salad, rolls, meats, cheeses, vegis and cake before calling it a night.

Special thanks to Bekkah for hosting the party and to Grandma, Yvette and Lucy to making the long trek to support Christi and baby Alex. Nine weeks to go until we meet the newest addition to the family.

No comments: