Thursday, November 15, 2007

Visit from Nana and Grandpa

Sorry so much time has gone since my last post but the days seems to fly by...

Since my last post we had a week long visit by my parents, Nana and Grandpa, and today I officially resigned from my job to be a stay at home mom. It was a tough decision to make as I have enjoyed five wonderful years at UW but the thought of leaving my baby behind while I worked nights and weekends, not to mention my 70 mile, two-hour daily commute was just too much.

The visit with my folks was so great and I think Wyatt really enjoyed the visitors. Nana and Grandpa were of course life savers and spoiled the three of us rotten by cooking all the meals, cleaning the house daily, doing all the laundry, doing some home improvement projects and soothing Wyatt during peak crying times.

Nana even got Wyatt to take a nap in his crib for the first time which is a relief since he has been sleeping on me since the day he was born. Since then, I've gotten him to sleep half nights in his crib twice but it hasn't been easy. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of it, he has protested the crib for the last few days. Surely my will is stronger than his, right?!!

I took Wyatt to the doctor's on Halloween for a check up and he had completely fallen off the weight scale. Where he had been steadily chugging along merrily at the 10th percentile, he had nose dived to the 1 percentile. With a few feeding adjustments I was able to get him from 8 pounds, 7 ounces to 9 pounds, 1 ounce in five days and things look to be back on track at the 3rd percentile. His cheeks are getting fatter by the minute.

Now that our visitors are gone, Waytt and I are back to days one-on-one. We spend the majority of our time smiling, singing and having deep conversations about life. He is getting really close to laughing and rolling over and he is really into "When You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands" and "Head and Shoulders". Luckly for him, his mama loves to sing.

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

I'm so not surprised you quit, even though I heard it from James (my replacement) a week or so ago. :) Lemme know what email address you'll be using. I'm so glad you've kept up the blog! :) amy