Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for this year. We are really counting our blessings, which include the birth of our healthy son, a home to call our own and Ross' job- which allows me to stay home and raise Wyatt full-time.

If I had to guess on what Wyatt is most thankful for, I think he'd say:
1) Milk
2) Naps with dad
3) Songs with mom
4) Getting rocked to sleep
5) Car rides
6) Bath time
7) Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpa

Ross had to work this Thanksgiving for the second year in a row so Wyatt and I spent the morning together watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, followed by the Dog Show.

I have so many great memories of Thanksgiving mornings with my mom, making stuffing from scratch and watching the parade, and I hope that is a tradition we can carry on in our home. Wyatt wasn't too interested in the floats but he really liked the musical numbers and there is no doubt we have a musical kid on our hands.

After his morning feeding we had a massive breech of his Huggies, which resulted in a nice long bath for him and and good scrubbing of the couch. Thank goodness it's not real suede!

Since I'm the new mom, Ross' family cut me some slack and the only thing I was asked to make was deviled eggs. Would you believe that I couldn't even get past boiling the eggs before Wyatt decided he had enough of mom in the kitchen? I ended up packing the car and passing Wyatt off to Auntie Julie so I could finish putting the eggs together but she didn't seem to mind.

Julie had a full house with all the cousins, grandma Nancy and uncle Nick and aunt Lily from California along with Lily's boyfriend Ryan. Nancy made a great bird and Julie made practically every other dish, which included mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, rolls, stuffing, cranberries, gravy and green salad. Yummy.

For dessert, we had a pumpkin pie, blueberry pie, brownies and this adorable spiced cake that Lily decorated. The turkey's hat is actually a gummy thumb left over from one of the twins' Halloween stashes- nice. I think the kids had at least two pieces of pie each, plus whipped cream or ice cream. Those kids were never going to go to sleep!!

Grandma Nancy even completed a Thanksgiving miracle- getting Wyatt to sleep in Noah's room for 2.5 hours so I could eat dinner without wrestling my 10-lb bundle of joy.

Right now my boys are on the couch napping and watching college football. Ross is in heaven.

No comments: