Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tucci Update

Time is really flying by now with Wyatt's arrival. Ross planned his vacation around the baby's birth so I am lucky enough to have his help around the clock. We were just talking tonight about how each day revolves around nursing, burping, spit-up clean-up and rocking. Then we repeat it all over again throughout the day and night. Then we smiled and admitted that "this is the life" and "what could be better?"

Wyatt is growing quickly now and has fattened up from a post hospital weight of 6 pounds, 1 ounce to 6 pounds, 11 ounces just 10 days later. I too have made big strides in the weight department, already losing 25 of the 32 pounds I put on during the pregnancy. A lot of that was water weight and the cankles are gone- thank goodness. I even managed to squeeze my way into my pre-pregnancy jeans today although the top button put up quite the fight. I still have to wait three more weeks until I can workout because of the c-section so all-in-all I feel pretty good about things.

We took Wyatt to the firehouse for the first time last Friday and Ross gave him his first tour of the fire engine. Ross is convinced that Wyatt will be a third generation firefighter and can't wait to begin teaching him all about the fire service.

We also had our first night out of the house a couple of days ago at a friend's barbecue and it was a great way to squash the cabin fever we had been feeling. Wyatt got to meet another firefighter's son that is 8 weeks older and weighs in at a whopping 14 pounds. What a size difference that is!! It should come as no surprise however when you consider that the baby's dad is 6-foot-3 and 260 lbs, while Ross is 5-foot-8 and 180 lbs.

Wyatt has his good nights and bad nights as we try to figure out the best eating and sleeping schedule for the three of us. Last night was a bad night and he kept us up from 1-3 am fussing, but on the up side we got to take in the total lunar eclipse from our bedroom window, which made the time awake much more bearable.

My biggest blessing is Ross and his obvious love of his son and support of me. He is right there in the thick of it with midnight changings and burpings and on many occasions has taken over 2 am rocking duties when I've reach my limit. I can't count the number of times I've caught him just starring at Wyatt with the most loving look of awe and peace. It's so comforting to know that his love for Wyatt is already unmeasurable and that the two of them have bonded from the very start.

No comments: