In the meantime, we did discuss serious names and have decided on Ross Wyatt Tucci. I will call him Wyatt (so as not to be confused with Papa Ross), while Ross is still deciding what he wants to call him. Right now "son" and "little guy" are working just fine. This will make Wyatt the fourth generation Ross (at least) in the Tucci family- something his dad is really proud of.
My parents left yesterday afternoon making last night our first without any back-up. We had barely slept the night before with Wyatt up from 1-7 am and Ross was sweet enough to take the baby last night from 11 pm- 2 am to let me get a little rest. I'm repaying the favor right now with dad getting some sleep and Wyatt snoozing away with me. It's amazing how fast your body can adapt. I used to need 8-9 hours of sleep a night and now 3-4 feels like a gift that I can make last all day.
He has also gotten a lot stronger and is able to hold his head up for short periods of time. And since he loves to fight me every time I try to fasten a fresh diaper, I've been having to work even harder to keep those pesky legs down. He loves to lock his knees to his elbows and we think we may have a fighter on our hands.
Not to say that he doesn't exude the most loving qualities as well and is courteous enough to give us warning whimpers before any real wailing begins. He loves to be cuddled and bounced, rocked and nursed. I think he is really enjoying life on the outside and we couldn't be happier that he is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment