For weeks we've been waiting for our little guy to kick. All of the books say moms-to-be should be able to feel kicking as early as 18 weeks and here I am 23 weeks and I've got nothing! Ross was growing increasingly impatient and would ask me every morning if I've felt anything yet and every time I'd have to say no. We knew he was moving based on the acrobatics he was doing during our 20-week ultrasound but his movements weren't strong enough for me to feel anything. I had been feeling those "flutters" everyone talks about every now and then but not frequently enough to feel 100% confident that it was the baby. I kept thinking, maybe it's indigestion... maybe it's gas... maybe it's that burrito I ate at the airport (probably not the best decision I've made in terms of travel cuisine).
Last Sunday night I flew home from a softball series in the Bay Area and got home about 9:30 p.m. We climbed into bed and watched the news like always and just as we were about the roll over to go to sleep I felt this strong "THUMP, THUMP THUMP" on my left side. I shot up and said "What was that?! I think he's kicking me!!"
Ross couldn't get his hands on my belly fast enough and sure enough, one hard kick. It was so cool! We sat there for probably 10 minutes waiting for another kick and couldn't feel a thing but were so excited to feel his first kicks. We had almost fallen asleep when it happened again- "THUMP, THUMP, THUMP". That resulted in 10 more minutes of me practically holding my breath trying to hold still enough for Ross to feel him again but the baby had stopped for the night.
We laid there with big grins on our faces and talked about what he must be doing in there and what kind of person he'd grow up to be. I think we narrowed it down to three categories: 1) The next David Beckham- soccer superstar, 2) the next Jean Claude Van Damme- martial artist phenom and action film star, or 3) the next Michael Flatley- Irish dance champion, most know for his starring role in Riverdance- (many of you have seen Ross' dead-on impersonation of Mr. Flatley and have laughed your butts off). I think Ross is pulling for the martial artist.
Pregnancy Stats:
There are 118 days until my due date on August 21, 2007.
I am 162 days pregnant.
I am 5.3 months pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment