Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Soccer Ball?!!

I checked in with some of my mom-be-be web sites and read that at 25 weeks my uterus is as big as a soccer ball. Are you kidding me?! That seems really big, especially with three months to go. I keep wondering, how much bigger is this thing going to get? The size of a basketball ... a yoga ball?!!

I guess I should be thankful that I have so much room available for junior to stretch his legs (and knees, elbows and fists). He's been so active the last couple of weeks- it seems like he's just flailing around in there. Sometimes I swear he's doing jumping jacks or something.

Recently he has developed two new ways to pass the time. The first is giving me a swift kick to the bum. That's right- it's usually a direct hit and boy does that get my attention! And here I thought the worst kicks would be to my ribs.

The second is a form of peek-a-boo with Ross. Whenever the baby is kicking a lot, I invite Ross to feel. As soon as he puts his hand on my belly- complete stillness. Ross usually waits 5-10 minutes before giving up and then, almost without fail, another hard kick or two. I think the baby enjoys playing this game with daddy.

This also happens when my belly begins jumping around and alert Ross to take a look. He will stare at my belly for a long time without seeing anything, then, as soon as he looks away, a huge movement... I can tell the baby is delighting in this and it looks like the Tucci household is going to have another jokster on its hands.

Pregnancy Stats:
There are 102 days until my due date on August 21, 2007.
I am 178 days pregnant.
I am 5.8 months pregnant.

No comments: