Wednesday, April 11, 2007

David Copperfield, Fashion Designer

Okay, I finally did it... I bought some maternity clothes today. I'm days within the five month mark and there is pretty much nothing in my closet that I can button or zip up. I told Ross this morning that I thought it was time to bite the bullet and get some new clothes and he said "Ya, you think?" I had to laugh. What, he didn't think I was puling off wearing my jeans unbuttoned with my white belly peeking out? Okay, I didn't really think I was pulling that look off either but more than anything it was just increasingly uncomfortable.

He took me to the maternity store at the outlet mall in town because I hate spending money on clothes so cheaper is better. Since we've become home owners I get fired up to buy things like base board trim, door knobs, even fertilizer, not clothes.

I tried on about 20 things and ended up walking away with 5 or 6 items including a pair of black slacks for work and jeans for play. I must say, MATERNITY PANTS ARE AMAZING!!! They fit me now and if I pull on the waist band it expands on forever. It was like magic pants or something. Do regular women know about these?!! I mean you can go from a size 8 to 14 in the same pair of pants!! And they were actually cute and looked like normal pants, not like fabric hanging from a large rubber band. It's mind boggling.

The best part of the trip was probably the prop the store had left in each dressing room. At first I wasn't sure what this strange, white, circular, puffy, strappy thing was but then it hit me... IT'S A FAKE BELLY!!! How funny!! Women can actually strap this bump around their waists to see how their maternity clothes are going to look months from now. I tried to get Ross to try it on but he would have nothing to do with it. What a party pooper.

Pregnancy Stats:
There are 130 days until my due date on August 21, 2007.
I am 150 days pregnant.
I am 4.9 months pregnant.

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

I wanna see the magic pants in action! Text or call me if you guys are at the VRI this weekend :) amy