Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ladder Truck

Ross was on shift on his 36th birthday so the boys and I headed over to the fire house with 2 key lime pies that evening to help him celebrate. The kids, like always, had the run of the place and climbed on every piece of apparatus. This time, I was in for a treat as well, as the guys offered to put me in the bucket and go up to the top of the 105-foot ladder. Ross thought I'd never go for it since I am afraid of heights but I thought "What the heck?" and said I was in.

We put the boys in the back of the ladder truck and drove it around to the lot next door and they loved their first ride as firefighters.
 

Then I got suited up in my fire helmet and strapped in and up we went. It wasn't so scary, especially since I wasn't looking at the ground. The kids were so cute watching us in their fire helmets, waving excitedly from the ground below. And Sam was cracking me up as he held his arms against his ears because of the noise. I must say that being up that high gave me a new appreciation for the work he does and perhaps I don't always give him the credit he deserves for being a complete stud since I was raised by one. But he is and I am so proud of the work he does.

 


No comments: