Happy 3rd Birthday Wyatt! I can't believe how quickly you are growing up into a big boy. It makes me wish I could just slow time down to soak in more moments with you while you still need me.
So much has happened in the last year and you have grown up in so many ways. You have pretty much mastered the English language, more so than some adults I know, and you are constantly having "real" conversations with your dad and I, usually picking our brains for the ins and outs of life's workings.
You are developing quite the imagination and are beginning to play pretend. You have started to see shapes in everyday things and point them out to me, such as a half eaten cracker that is now in the shape of a boot. You also have started to play with Playdough and use your imagination to make your own creations- your current favorite being snowmen.
You still love music and like to sing, play your guitar and watch music videos. You always ask me to tell you the name of the artist singing if you don't already know it and eagerly shout out the artists you do recognize- which is most of them! You also are quick to tell me if I am playing the music too loud- a favor I am sure to return to you someday.
You are a very sensitive boy who likes to please others and make people laugh. You try to figure out ways to make me happy everyday, especially during those times I am short on patients, and are quick to offer to help me with chores. You can make your bed, get dressed, put your clothes in the hamper and brush your hair. You even took it upon yourself to drag the hamper down the hallway and start loading the washing machine for me this week- fully intent on starting a load of laundry.
You are smart, smart, SMART and your dad and I are constantly exchanging wide-eyed glances at the things you say and do in amazement. You don't miss a thing that is happening around you and you repeat EVERYTHING we say, even when we don't think you're listening.
You also gently reprimand him when he is being naughty and say things like "No, no, no, Sammy (coupled with a finger shake). You do not throw your food on the floor. You keep it on your tray like this."
You like to tell us you love us and frequently give us the "I love you" hand signal in sign language. You also tell Sam "goodnight" and "sweet dreams" at bedtime and give him hugs and kisses, which melts our hearts.
You are a loving, generous, funny, smart and caring little boy and the amount of joy you bring into our lives everyday could never be measured. You are such a blessing and have made my life more full and happy than I ever could have imagined possible.
Happy Birthday baby.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment