With the summer-like weather we've been having we have been able to spend more and more time outside together as a family. In preparation of this, we bought a watering can for Wyatt so he could 1) stay entertained outside while we were working, and 2) have lots of fun in the water.
We broke out the can for the first time last week and Wyatt had a blast. He quickly learned how to squeeze the hose nozzle hard enough to get the water to come out and it wasn't long before he realized that if he put the hose inside the can to fill it that he wouldn't get his shoes wet. He was a quick learner and discovered that a half-full can was much easier to carry around the yard and tip to water the plants. What a smarty!
Wyatt has been getting so big in every way and impresses my daily with his new speech, thoughts and skills. Some of his favorite things to say are "What's making that noise", which is a big improvement from his earlier questions of "What sound dat?". He also have been saying "I have an idea" and while we haven't been able to communicate the "idea" very effectively lately I'm excited about his curiosity and thoughtfulness.
He has been wanting to "help" with everything around the house, including unloading the dishwasher, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, taking out the trash, getting the mail, putting clothes in the hamper, washing machine and dryer, and making the beds. I am thrilled that he wants to help even though it takes me 10 times longer to do any of these chores with all of his "help". I'm really hoping this helpful attitude lasts through the teenage years but I'm not holding my breath.
Wyatt stunned me last week when he said his first "curse" word. We were shopping at Ace Hardware and he knocked a display over and exclaimed "Oh bumpers!". Bumpers?! Well that is the word the trains say on his favorite cartoon "Chuggington" when something goes wrong. I was so relieved he didn't say something else and now I too am trying to use this curse since it is so G-rated.
1 comment:
I hope Troy can come up with some g-rated versions of his favorite curse words soon!
Post a Comment