We ate a quick breakfast and then packed up the kids and headed over to the elementary school in the neighboring town of Snoqualmie for Wyatt's first Easter egg hunt. I gave him his basket to hold in the car with one egg inside and I explained to him what we would be doing at the school.
We pulled into the parking lot of the school with just a few minutes to find Wyatt's age group and there were a TON of kids. Wyatt and I raced from group to group, trying to find the right field while Ross and Sam (in the backpack) tried to keep up. I heard someone say it was three minutes until the whistle and we still hadn't found Wyatt's age group so I grabbed his hand and we ran through the middle of the fields amid the eggs to create a shortcut to the right place. It was a LONG run and by the end Wyatt was saying "Stop Mommy!" out of exhaustion but we made it!!
Of course they blew the whistle late and Wyatt was getting really antsy. He tried to collect eggs twice before it was time so I took a piece of candy out of my purse to distract/appease him until it was time. As luck would have it, as soon as he shoved the Milkyway into his mouth the whistle blew and he JUST STOOD THERE!!! He was content eating his candy apparently and saw no reason to rush it's yummy goodness. I dropped to my knees and started scooping up eggs so we wouldn't leave empty handed and Ross starting helping him put them into his basket. Good thing since the hundreds of Easter eggs were snatched up in about 15 seconds.
Wyatt was thrilled and counted his bounty- 8 eggs- not bad for a first-timer.
We then saw a bunch of people high tailing it to a covered picnic area so we became lemmings and followed everyone to see what the excitement was all about. It was a line to take a picture with the Easter Bunny!! It was chaotic and disorganized and nobody could figure out where the line began or ended. I took it upon myself to announce to the crowd that the line started right here- behind me- and they bought it.
Before we knew it we had Wyatt and Sammy sitting with the Easter Bunny for their picture and Wyatt was loving it! I thought he'd be afraid but he was fascinated by the big, white (creepy) suit. Luckily for me, Sam refrained from turning around to see whose lap he was sitting in long enough for me to snap a cute picture. I'm sure he would have freaked if he knew a 6-foot rabbit was holding him and I can't blame him!
No comments:
Post a Comment