Friday, November 6, 2009

Great Big Brother

The boys are really starting to play with each other and it is so cool to see. I frequently put Sam in Wyatt's crib to chill out and Wyatt usually goes in there and lays with him or bounces on the mattress. Tonight I heard Wyatt close the bedroom door and then I heard hysterical laughter from both boys. I grabbed the camera and quietly snuck down the hallway to see what was going on and this is what I saw...



When I turned the camera off Wyatt noticed me and actually shut the door in my face. I guess the "No Girls Allowed" philosophy has officially begun. They spent the entire day together playing with cars, sharing snacks and crawling up and down the hallway together.

Wyatt is such a fantastic big brother and when the boys knocked heads tonight for the first time he seemed more concerned about his baby brother than he did about his own red cheek.

Wyatt likes to help me with Sam and has started to feed him his baby food. This is not only really precious to watch but it is actually REALLY convenient when I'm trying to prepare dinner for the rest of us and Sam decides he can't wait for his meal.



Wyatt also tries to inform me of Sam's moods and needs. He says "Mommy, Nammy hungry," or "Nammy drink water," if he thinks that's what his brother needs. He also has started to stick up for him and I now hear "No Mommy. No Nammy bedtime," so little brother can stay up later.

Sammy is no pushover to his big brother though and is constantly stealing his pacifier (right out of his mouth), his drinks and food. No food related item is safe!! Just in the last week I have caught Sam with a waffle in his mouth, as well as a peanut butter cracker (I guess he has no peanut allergy, phew), some crayons and shoes. And all this for a baby with no teeth!

Wyatt is also the first one to tell Sam that it's okay if he's upset or hurt and is quick with a pat on the head or a hug. What a sweetie!

No comments: