"It's okay Sammy (Nammy)," when Sam is crying. It comes with a hug or pat on the head and sounds so sincere.
"Bless you," when someone sneezes.
"Good morning Mommy," as he climbs into my bed and gets under the covers each morning.
"Let's go Mommy," as he pulls on my pinkie finger so hard that I will follow him ANYWHERE.
"Look at this."
"Can't reach," usually at something I've purposefully put out of reach like cookies or steak knives.
"More lunch, please," which I don't hear too often (the more lunch part, not the please). He would rather be playing than eating at any given moment and can't understand why he can't eat waffles with syrup in the playroom.
"Daddy blow nose. Booger," as he hears his dad in the bathroom. With a small house and just one bathroom there is NO privacy around here.
On the flip side, Wyatt occasionally has begun to say "Oo-ee-ah-ah" like Curious George. I'm not quite sure if he is doing this to be funny or because he thinks he's actually saying something like pass the potatoes. It's weird but we get a good laugh every time he does it.
He cracked me up the other day when we were leaving a store and the sales lady was saying goodbye to him. I said "Say bye, Wyatt" and he said "Bye Wyatt."
He also continues to love helping around the house and likes to put dirty clothes in the washer, wet clothes in the dryer and carrying folded clothes down the hall. He will say "Help?" when helping with the laundry and say "Away?" when he starts to collect my folded piles.
Wyatt has, however, become afraid of the vacuum and covers his ears and runs away when I use it. We went out and bought a Dust Buster and I was convinced he would love to use it to vacuum around the fireplace and under his high chair but so far he hates the noise it makes too. I've pulled out the ear protection headphones Ross uses when he runs the chainsaw and am trying to see if those will cut down on the scariness of the vacuum.
In general he hates to get dressed, or maybe he just loves to run away EVERY TIME so I chase him and wrestle him into his clothes. He does like to put on his own socks and shoes and is really trying hard to figure out how the darn zipper works on his jacket.
Wyatt drew "something" for the first time this week. Usually he just scribbles and doesn't appear to be trying to do anything other than experiment with colors but the other day he scribbled and then pointed to it and said "Tree." Nicely done Wyatt.
No comments:
Post a Comment