Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July


We celebrated the Fourth of July today with a good soaking with the lawn sprinkler. The temperature reached near 90 degrees for the second straight day so Wyatt loved running through the "cold" water yelling "Rain!" and splashing around getting "wet" to get relief from the sweltering house.

I dressed Sam in Wyatt's Fourth of July outfit from last summer meaning Sam, who will turn 5 months old next week can fit in an outfit Wyatt wore at 11 months. Hmm, either somebody is a big chunk or we had a pip squeak on our hands last year.

I am constantly amazed by Wyatt's language skills and he is learning multiple words every day. Some new words this week are dance, paper, mess and towel.

I took the boys to the local park yesterday and Wyatt stopped at each house along the way and said "driveway" at each entrance. He also stopped at the cars parked along the street to read aloud the letters on the license plates. On the walk home he pointed to the stop sign and read S-T-O-P. Wow! He is like a sponge right now and just wants to learn more and more. I hope this keeps up and rubs off on his brother.

Wyatt likes to get in trouble when I'm feeding Sam because he knows I'm busy for at least 10 minutes and he pretty much has the run of the place. The other day he was playing in the bonus room while I fed Sam in the living room and I heard Wyatt say "Uh-Oh. Uh-Oh Mama." This is NEVER good. He peeked his head around the corner and said "Mama? Mess?" I didn't know he knew this word so it took a couple guesses before I figured it out and said "Did you say mess?" "Ya," said Wyatt with a grin. Then he ran off only to come back a few seconds later with a handful of baby wipes he had snatched from the diaper caddy. He followed up his visual confession with a "No, no, no. Bad, bad," while shaking his finger at the wipes box. Right, like it was the wipes' fault. I'm sure they planned the great escape and you only witnessed it. Oh well. At least he told on himself. I'm sure that won't last too much longer.

No comments: