
After a successful week of rice cereal we decided to give Wyatt his first vegetable. All of the books suggested introducing green vegetables first so babies don't get used to the sweetness of fruits and boycot everything else. Makes sense, right?

In preparation for the big day we bought every kind of Gerber organic food Safeway carried, which only included two green veggies- green beans and peas. We decided on the peas and Wyatt was so excited to get in his highchair and see that spoon approaching...

That was about where the excitement ended.

The poor kid hated the peas. He tried to like them too and put on a brave face for the first few morsels as if he was saying
"I trust you mom. If you think I should eat this I'll give it a go." Then he started to use his tongue to block the spoon like we'd
think he was eating, and then he cried like mad at the mere sight of the spoon saying
"Get that nasty stuff away from me. Bring on the milk!"
I don't think we did any permanent damage though as two minutes after getting cleaned up he was his happy self, entertaining himself with a can of bread crumbs and trying to eat his foot.

By the look of things, the foot tasted a lot better than the peas. Even through the sock.
1 comment:
Don't stress about the green veggies! None of my kids would eat them as a baby, but they all started liking peas, beans, and broccoli once they could eat it normal instead of mashed up. You gotta love the faces they make when they are eating though! By the way, check out my blog tomorrow or something. I am spending tonight to catch up...obviously the once a week thing hasn't worked out so well thus far!
Post a Comment