
Wyatt celebrated his sixth month birthday on the 10th. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. It seems like yesterday we were anxiously awaiting his arrival and now, BOOM, he's growing into a little man. With the sixth month milestone met, we were finally given the okay from Dr. M to introduce solid foods into his diet. Yea!!! I'm feeling a little less like a dairy cow already.

We started with rice cereal tonight and it was a success. We made sure it was really watered down with breast milk so it wouldn't seem so foreign and he thought it was great. Honestly, I think he was more excited about the spoon than the food
on the spoon but he ate it nonetheless.

Ross captured the moment on video and when we paused the eating frenzy so Ross could do some of the feeding Wyatt threw a little fit. MORE FOOD! MORE FOOD! Or MORE SPOON is probably more accurate.

Wyatt was flapping his arms between bites, he was so excited, and half of the time he couldn't wait for the next bite and he'd grab the spoon and shove it into his mouth. And with that killer grip he has I had to wrestle the spoon away from him nearly every time.
Wyatt had his sixth month check-up on Monday and passed with flying colors. He is 15.17 pounds (20th percentile) and 25 inches long (10th percentile), with a 17.5 inch head circumference (50th percentile). The poor guy had to get three shots but he took it pretty well. It is so hard to see him in pain and the look he gives me like "What in the heck did you do
that for?" just breaks my heart.

He is becoming more mobile by the second and this includes during his sleep. Whereas he used to scoot himself up to the very top of the crib and pin his face in the corner every night, he has started to scoot himself backwards toward the middle of the crib and completely submerge himself under the blankets. This morning I heard him stirring and when I walked into the nursery it looked as though the crib was empty... and then up popped his head and he flashed that million dollar smile. It was so adorable I had to get a snapshot of it. We are so blessed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment