Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

Wyatt has been a huge fan of the mirror since he was just weeks old and his love for his own reflection- and that of everything else- has only grown. We have a four-foot mirror propped against a wall in our bonus room, a caualty of the bathroom renovation, that captivates Wyatt daily. Only recently has he begun to realize the whole concept of the mirror and now spends endless time looking at us first in the mirror, then in real life. He looks back and forth, back and forth, back and forth at us and just laughs. It's too cute for words.

After two days of pea drama, we decided to throw caution to the wind (and the baby books out the window) and give Wyatt a taste of some food that actually tastes good. We introduced him to bananas and he thought they were great. He was back to his old self (arms flailing, gapping mouth) at dinnertime and I feel like a much better mother without a crying, gagging little boy.

With a change in his diet, however, has come a change in his diapers and since I've failed miserably at potty training him I've had to learn to change diapers in record time to escape the stentch as quickly as possible. Here is a photo taken after I had to change his cloths AND wash off his back. Gross.

No comments: