I signed the boys up to participate in the Snoqualmie Railroad Days 1K run and we (mostly) had a fun time. Wyatt was a seasoned pro after running in the Cinco De Mayo 1 Mile in May and Sam was running for the first time. As we waited for the race to begin at the start line Sam began to have second thoughts... second thoughts about running, second thoughts about wearing his race t-shirt, second thoughts about wearing his racing number, second thoughts on his lot in life... you get the picture.
Wyatt, however, was excited to run with a bunch of friends from the Sno-Valley Moms Group and did his best to encourage Sam.
I warned Sam that the race would start with a loud train whistle so he kept his ears covered until a few minutes into the race.
Wyatt was a good sport and would sprint ahead and then wait for Sam and I as I gently pulled Sam along and eventually just gave up and carried him. Did you know carrying a 2.5 year old while running really adds to the intensity?!
We finished the race together and Wyatt was thrilled to receive a finisher's medal and free smoothie.

Afterward we went for a walk to check out the trains and by the time it was time to walk to the car Sam decided he wanted to RUN there! Better late than never...
No comments:
Post a Comment