Saturday, May 7, 2011

Run, Wyatt, Run!

I entered Wyatt into the Cinco De Mayo Kids 1 Mile race in Snoqualmie and we had so much fun running together. The weather wasn't as cooperative as I would have hoped but a little drizzle never killed anyone. Only in the Pacific Northwest would you see kids running a race in galoshes but boy were Wyatt's feet warm and dry after splashing through the gutters and jumping on every storm drain.

I wasn't sure the race was going to happen this morning after Wyatt said "I don't want to run the race in the rain. I will wait until the sun comes out." Once I told him that the race was going to start at 9:15 and we could either run in the rain or miss it altogether he decided to participate and we headed over to the high school in the nick of time.

Wyatt did great! He ran the entire mile without stopping and with a perma-smile on his face. He loved chasing all of the other kids (there were 38 total with a lot of parents in the mix) and he placed 6th out of 10 overall for boys in his division (4 and under) with a time of 14:45. I was so proud of him and was so relieved that he enjoyed himself. As a finisher, he received a medal (which was more of a necklace) and then we hit the doughnut shop for some hot chocolate and treats to celebrate. Nothing says great job exercising like a big doughnut.




No comments: