The event took place in Cle Elm, which is about 40 minutes east of North Bend, and the sledding meeting place was at a local golf course that was now buried by a few feet of snow. Once we got there it took us another 40 minutes to get everyone into their snow gear before we hit the bunny slopes.
We found a little hill to get the kids started on and Wyatt loved it. Sam wasn't so sure at first and watched big brother do it a couple of times before he gave it a go. He smiled after his first run but didn't want to go again and was content watching Wyatt or being held by Ross or I.
At some point I took my eyes off of Wyatt and he decided he wanted to try the man-size slope and jumped on the back of one of Ross' co-workers and they went hurling down a HUGE hill. I though for sure Wyatt was going to fly off and hurt himself or at the least be in tears at the bottom of the hill. I was wrong. HE LOVED IT! He did the big slope a couple of more times, including on Ross' back and it only confirmed the notion that the kid is fearless. Something tells me our first cast is right around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment