Dear Sammy-
Today is your first birthday and Daddy and I can't believe where the time has gone. You are such a big boy now and you think you can do everything your big brother can. I just love that determination about you! You are tough and can take a beating from Wyatt when he "tickles" or "wrestles" with you.
You love to laugh and clap and listen to music. You are learning how to feed yourself with a spoon, albeit you've got a ways to go until this skill is mastered but I admire your enthusiasm. Your first two teeth came in last month and you are making the most of them. Who says a baby can't eat things like bacon and steak? You eat whatever we put in front of you and a lot of it!
You are on the verge of walking. Today you were standing alone unassisted for the first time and you looked like it was no big deal. Those first steps are not far away.
You love to splash in the tub with Wyatt and dance with Mommy before bed. I'm still rocking you to sleep at bedtime but just between you and me it's more because I enjoy it than you really needing it.
You like to give high-fives and you try to sing along with Wyatt to the songs you recognize (anything by Jason Aldean, "Life Is A Highway" by Rascal Flatts or "Boom-Boom-Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas). You like to play with any toy that make music and think the washing machine and refrigerator are fascinating.
You love to be outside but hate that I have you strapped in the stroller while big brother gets to run and play. Don't worry little one, you'll be chasing after him before you know it.
You're face lights up when you see your daddy come home from work and you love to snuggle your face into my neck when you are sleepy.
You are an absolute joy and we are so blessed to have you for a son. May you continue to grow up healthy and strong this year. I love you more than you'll ever know.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment