Saturday, January 30, 2010

January Bike Ride



We have been enjoying a very mild January (it's actually in the running for the warmest January on record) and the boys and I were able to head outside yesterday for some bike riding and playing in the sand box. It almost felt like summer (except for the big jackets we were wearing).



Wyatt has been riding his tricycle in the house up and down the hallway on the wooden floors all winter. I know what you're thinking... a bike IN THE HOUSE?! Yes, I am the coolest mom ever. Okay, I'm just desperate to find ways to entertain Wyatt when the weather is bad and so far it has been a great toy for the both of us. Even Sam gets on the action and skids on his knees behind the tricycle while holding onto the back of the seat as Wyatt peddles. (Here is a photo of them doing this with the fire truck).





Yesterday was our first day outside with the bike in months and those hallway training sessions have paid off. Wyatt rode his tricycle like a mad man, peddling his legs as fast as they would go for the majority of our 35 minute loop through the neighborhood. I let him decide which direction to travel and he loved being in charge of our walk. I pushed Sammy alongside in the stroller and let Wyatt have at it. A couple of times I got a little nervous when we would hit a slight decline because he would take off but he managed to stay upright and we avoided any skinned knees.

We got back to our house and played in the sand box and had just a generally great afternoon together. It makes me get excited about the summer arriving and Sam finally being able to walk/run with his big brother. It's going to be awesome.





The kids were completely wiped out at dinner and Sammy even fell asleep in his high chair. I was lucky enough to snap this picture before his head hit the plate (okay that part didn't happen, but it could have).



P.S. I forgot to publish a blog from last month so I've made it live now ... here it is

No comments: