Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Firsts

This has been a week of firsts for the Tucci household. We kicked off the week with a trip to Auntie Julie's and found out that Wyatt gets car sick. The poor kiddo lost his lunch everywhere in the car and just didn't know how to tell us that he wasn't feeling well until it was too late. I should have known better than to give him a book to read on a windy road since I get car sick really easy but I didn't dream that he'd have any problems. I guess I was wrong. We've been practicing saying the word "puke" ever since so hopefully he can let us know before the mess next time.

Once he was cleaned up he had a much better day and went swimming for the first time. He more wadded than swam in the lake but he had a blast with his cousins. Sam narrowly escaped his first swim too when the stroller brakes failed after 20 minutes and he began to race toward the water. Luckily, an iron bench stopped him before the lake did! No "Mom of The Year" awards for me if THAT had happened!

Yesterday Wyatt blew me away when he said "I love you Mommy" when I was putting him down for a nap. He had said his version of "I love you" before but it was always in response to Ross or I saying it first. This was his first time saying it all on his own because he was thinking/feeling it. Oh, what a precious moment!

Last night Sam also crawled for the first time (and got a nibble of an ice cream sandwich as a reward). I got it on video but can't get it to post so I'll try to get some more footage posted soon so you can share in our excitement over the adorableness of it all. Ross says he's more doing the breaststroke on dry land than crawling but it's forward propulsion nonetheless so it counts! I haven't decided if his new skill will make my life easier or harder...

Here's a video of Sam's first ice cream sandwich. THIS WAS ROSS' IDEA!! He thought he wouldn't like the cold but apparently he has my sweet tooth.

No comments: