Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Wyatt!!

We celebrated Wyatt's 2nd birthday on Saturday with a family party. Both sets of grandparents were there, as were cousins Noah, Elijah and Zion. Wyatt had a great time and loved the cake and presents.

Ross and I decorated with a Mickey Mouse theme (except for our Elmo party hats) and hung a Happy Birthday banner in the living room for Wyatt to find in the morning. When my mom and Wyatt saw it he proceeded to say "H-A-P-P-Y-B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y, squeek, squeek (while pointing at Mickey's picture), Don Duck, quack, quack (while pointing at Donald's picture)," and "dog, woof, woof (while pointing at Goofy's picture)."

When I asked him if he knew what a birthday was he responded "Cake?". Yes, you get to eat cake.

Ross and I gave Wyatt a tricycle with a Spiderman helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. He was thrilled and has been peddling it inside and outside ever since.

His grandma gave him a water/sand table that I know will get a lot of use once the weather clears up. Nana and Granddad gave him lots of books, clothes and toys but his favorite of the bunch was a pen in the shape of a candy cane (go figure). He also loved his Handy Manny book and Clifford The Big Red Dog dvd from his aunties.

Wyatt loved cake time and enjoyed our singing and has been trying to sing the birthday song to himself ever since. It sounds something like "Happy, birth, to, Wyatt." Very, very precious.

We celebrated his birthday again a couple of days later on the "real" day with dinner at the local tavern and Wyatt was so excited that he told every worker we passed on the way to our table "hamburger, please" or more like "amburger, peas". It was quite darling. Our waitress brought Wyatt an ice cream sundae with a candle and we all sang again and this time Wyatt was able to blow out the candle all by himself and then held up his two fingers and said "two". He then ignored the ice cream and continued to eat french fries instead so Nana and I gobbled it up for him.

No comments: