
Yikes! It's been nearly a month since I posted anything and all this time I've left those embarrassing pics of Ross and I as teenagers on the blog. I guess I should try to fill all of you in on how our June has gone...
The boys are getting bigger and cuter by the day and we love them so much. Being a mom is so (HARD, EXHAUSTING) wonderful and I really do enjoy spending my days with them and watching them learn new things.

Wyatt's language skills have really improved this month and he is learning a few words every day now. He is also learning his letters and can say W-Y-A-T-S-H-L-O-N-E-P-I-K. Much of this has to do with the frequency I wear my Washington Softball and Washington Volleyball shirts, which he is constantly spelling out for me. Sesame Street's "Letter of the Day" has helped too as has reading the morning newspaper like in this picture (okay so mabye he was just tearing my paper to shreads but at least he shows an interest).

Sam is also doing new "tricks" and rolled over for the first time this morning from his back to his front. The three of us were all in the room to see it, although I don't think Wyatt was all that impressed. Sam is getting long and fat and still has a double chin and fat rolls between his wrists and elbows (who knew you could get a fat roll there?!). He is very mellow and likes to smile a lot. He also loves to laugh, which is a good thing since Ross likes to make the boys laugh all day long. I've even caught Sammy giggling hysterically a couple times IN HIS SLEEP!! What must he be dreaming about?

We kicked off the month of June with a birthday party for cousin Olivia who turned 8. It's hard to believe she's that old now since the family moved up to Washington when she was just 3 and so tiny. I guess the time really is getting away from me now. We went to her birthday party BBQ and had a great time. Sam took a 3 hour nap there (which NEVER happens at home) and Wyatt tried to keep up with all of his cousins and their friends and did a pretty good job doing so.

We took our first family hike this month too, heading east one exit and walking along the Twin Falls trail to a lookout that showed the falls in the distance. The kids did great by not complaining, not pooping along the way and not falling off the edge of the steep path. All-in-all I'd say it was a complete success. Wyatt made the trek slow going as every puddle needed to be splashed in and ever stone scooped up, examined and tossed.

Wyatt did learn a valuable lesson on the walk as well- never hike with your eyes closed. This has been his thing lately, he tries to do every with his eyes closed and walks around the house like that all the time. I can't quite figure it out. He has now learned that it's much harder to avoid tripping over tree roots, rocks and the like while navigating blind in the woods and so he's added a few more "ouchies" to the growing collection on his knees.

We've also had a visit from Ross' grandparents this month and they got to meet their newest great grandson (making him their 6th great grandson vs. poor Olivia as the only great granddaughter). We've seen each other a couple of times already and will see each other this Friday when we celebrate our 5th year anniversary and Grandpa will celebrate his 81st birthday.

We did spend some time together at cousin Noah's All-Star baseball game, where he played great. He walked three times and played a mean right field and catcher. Way to go Noah!!
No comments:
Post a Comment