Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yard Improvements

We have been working for more than a month on the landscaping in our front yard and it is really coming along. Ross cleared the side of the yard that once was home to overgrown junipers, black berry bushes and weeds and in its place we have laid beauty bark and a variety of plants and small trees.

My favorite of the bunch is the Princess Flower (tree) that has just begun to bloom. Its deep purple flowers remind me of some place tropical and make me wish to be laying on a beach somewhere. It’s a native tree to Brazil and I wouldn’t mind visiting there either.

I also love the Lantana (tree) and it’s blooms have been abundant since the first part of May with no end in sight. It’s red, orange, pink and yellow mini blossoms are so vibrant.

After we put all of the plants in the ground we ended up moving the furniture around in the living room so I can now look at our new plants and flowers from the rocking chair when I rock Sam to sleep. I just love looking at the new and improved yard through the front windows.

No comments: