Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a great Easter yesterday and it was so fun seeing Wyatt complete his first Easter egg "hunt". It was hardly challenging as I just scattered his eggs across the floor in plain sight but I figured a one-year old wouldn't quite grasp the benefit of looking for plastic eggs throughout the house. Once I showed him there was chocolate inside the eggs it didn't take much convincing for him to appease me and gather up the bounty and fill his basket.



He also found some beanie babies, bubbles, animal crackers and play dough in his basket, with his favorite of course being the animal crackers (or cookies as he calls them). We blew bubbles together for the first time, which he found hilarious, and then let the egg hunt commence. Little Sam slept through the whole show in grandma's arms. Maybe next year he can participate.

Wyatt had a couple of "firsts" this week, my favorite being when he said "Mommy" for the first time. He has been saying "Mama" for forever and calls Ross "Daddy" but never said "Mommy" until the other day when we were playing outside. I have to say that it was a really touching moment... man, do I love that little boy!

Wyatt also tried to sing for the first time this week, adding the "do-do-do's" to Kieth Urban's "Sweet Thing" video. So precious!!!

Wyatt also learned about gravity this week and discovered that climbing up the back of a chair will result in the chair tipping over on you and flattening you like a pancake. The poor kid still has a bruised lump in between his eyes, which looks like a uni brow from a distance ... ah, a taste of the future if he gets the Tucci brow.

No comments: