Monday, March 30, 2009

Pneumonia & The Great Crib Escape

It's been quite the busy week for the Tucci clan as Ross has come down with pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital Saturday night with a left lung completely full of fluid. Since then, the two kiddos and I have been flying solo while Ross' mom has stayed by his bedside going on three nights now. Thankfully, the antibiotics are FINALLY beginning to take effect and Ross looked, sounded and felt much better today than he had in days and we hope to have him home soon.

Meanwhile, the boys and I are pretending daddy's just on duty and I'm trying to keep home life as normal as possible. Wyatt has been full of surprises of late. Last night I caught him doing aerobics to the FitTv channel that he somehow found by pressing buttons on the remote. He was standing right up against the TV pumping his arms in the air as he mimicked the fitness instructor. The funniest part of the whole display, however, was probably the serious yet confused look on his face as if to say "Why are we doing this?" My thoughts exactly son.

Yesterday Nancy watched the boys for a few hours to let me sneak away to the hospital to see Ross and upon returning home she informed me that Wyatt had climbed outof his crib. I didn't fully believe it until this morning when I put him in his crib with some toys to play while I took a shower. No sooner did I strip down when I noticed Wyatt standing beside me in the bathroom with the biggest grin. I put him back in the crib and asked him to stay put and play while I showered but within moments of getting in the shower I heard a loud thump, then pitter-patter, followed by the shower curtain being ripped open, once again by a beaming toddler. Lord am I in trouble now...

Before the pneumonia excitement we finally broke down and gave Sam his first bath in the kitchen sink (vs. sponge baths) this week. He really enjoyed it but not as much as Wyatt who delighted in pouring water on his brother.



Sam is getting bigger and bigger by the day and is pushing 9.5 lbs. He should be moving on to the next size diaper but since his growth spurt caught me off guard and I has just purchased 240 newborn diapers, the little guy is going to have to tough it out in the snug ones a bit longer.

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

Poor Ross (hope he feels better soon!) and poor you, having to wrangle two kidlets while he's in the hospital! You sound great, though. Keep it up, SuperMom! ;-)