Wyatt is growing like crazy and so am I as Baby #2 gears up for his impending arrival. I was NOT this big with Wyatt and didn't realize a belly could stick so far out in front. Standing for any period of time seems exhausting these days while laying down makes me feel like a turtle stuck on his shell. I have to build up momentum by rocking back and forth at night to get up and use the bathroom. Fun stuff!!
Wyatt is more active by the minute and his vocabulary to really starting to build. New words this week include biscuit, bee and egg (which is now one of his morning favorites). He is also starting to respond to us with more than a nod yes or no and will now say "I do" when we ask him if he wants something. He has also started telling us "I poo-pooed", which is hysterical and functional all at the same time.
Wyatt's has developed a real fascination with President Obama and waves at the TV every time he seems him. He also points at him and shouts something that sounds like grandpa but I think he's trying to say "Obama".
He also has a new fascination with sock fuzz between his toes and will spend 10 minutes or more pulling his sock on and off and carefully searching between each toe for the cotton bounty.
This week he has finally started helping me with the laundry, which means no more (or should I say less) pulling the dirty clothes out of the washer, pulling wet clothes out of the drier and tossing the folded laundry around the bonus room. This week he cleared the lint from the lint catcher and put it onto top of the drier and helped me carry folded clothes to the bedrooms to get put away. What a nice change.
Wyatt is also developing an interest in sports on TV, specifically football and basketball, and yells and points at the TV when they come on. He loves to clap and scream at the TV, which is his (loud) version of cheering. He also loves the high-fives and chest bumps with dad (okay that's a joke).
I have been doing a lot of Baby #2 shopping online and I think we are officially all set for his arrival whenever he decides to make his entrance. We cleaned out the car yesterday and installed Wyatt's big boy car seat, which means he will now be facing forward. I'm trying to get him to have some ownership in the chair before little brother shows up and takes over all of his stuff, including the infant car seat. I'm praying Wyatt will have a relatively smooth adjustment to another baby in the house. He seems to love babies and I'm hoping he will think his brother is the best thing since Elmo. Wish us all luck.
2 comments:
YAY! Good to hear these updates that I don't get on the phone.
Great to hear an update! Softball season started today. Feels like that was another lifetime, although I still miss my Bruins. Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep us posted! :-)
Post a Comment