Saturday, July 19, 2008

Push The Button

Many of you have noticed a sharp decline in the frequency of my posts and I apologize but it is getting harder and harder for me to steal away a few minutes to write with a curious and sometimes mischievous little boy.

Wyatt is into EVERYTHING now and if he's not climbing under the kitchen sink or INTO the washing machine, he is trying to squeeze himself behind the couch or climb up the refrigerator shelves. (I'm not kidding). There is no malice behind his actions just a strong wonder of the world around him. I feel like I say "No, no, no" all day long and I've yet to find a successful discipline strategy as my "No, no's" usually elicit hysterical laughter from Wyatt who then scurries away to the next "forbidden" item as he vies for mommy's attention.

Today he learned a tough lesson when he pulled the air purifier down on top of his head. This is a "no-no" item I have been scolding him for touching for weeks to no avail and you would think a bump on the head wouldn't be easily forgotten but within seconds on the tears stopping, he was back at the air purifier pushing the buttons as fast as he could. Low-medium-high-off-low-medium-high-off. There seems to be no end to his delight in this.

Button are his new thing this week and he has successfully taught himself how to turn the television on and off and change its mode between TV/DVD and AUX. He usually waits until the most important part of the show before hitting the DVD button, which is frustrating, especially when I miss practically every trivia answer on Cash Cab. He waited for every question to be asked and then- PUSH- followed by a head turn in my direction and a huge smile. How does he know?

No comments: