Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Cole Family Early, EARLY Arrival

I sat down to write this blog during Wyatt's afternoon nap yesterday but was interrupted by a phone call from my sister, Christi, saying her water had just broken. At just 32 weeks along, we all expected another 8 weeks before the baby would arrive but I guess the little guy had other plans.

I told her to relax, her contractions had not started yet and she had some time so take a deep breath, it was all going to be okay. While that was probably good advice on a normal day, I was wrong about having "plenty of time" and Christi gave birth to Alex Sullivan Conly eight minutes later at 5:10 p.m. in her apartment with proud papa Robert making the most important "catch" of his life. Minutes later, Christi and the baby were whisked to the hospital via ambulance. WHAT AN ENTRANCE!!!

Alex weighed in at 3 pounds, 7 ounces and was 16.5 inches long and both mom and baby are doing fine. Christi will be discharged tomorrow and Alex has at least a few weeks in the NICU ahead of him.

Congratulations Christi and Rob!! We are so proud of you!! We can't wait to meet you little Alex!! Get nice and fat so your parents can take you home soon.

No comments: