Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

We celebrated Christmas Eve a day earlier than most since Ross worked on Christmas so Wyatt and I made Santa Claus some homemade cookies, while Ross and Sammy did some last minute shopping.

When I asked Wyatt if he'd like to make Santa cookies he said "Yes but not chocolate chip." I asked why not chocolate chip and he said "Because the chocolate chips will get his gloves all messey and I don't want to do that." Hmm, I guess I hadn't thought of that. We talked about a possible solution and decided to leave a fork with the cookies so Santa could keep those gloves looking nice and clean.

We made Cowboy Cookies- a recipe of my grandmother's that always reminds me of the holidays.





While the cookies baked we let the boys each open one Christmas present and they received new stuffed animals to sleep with. Wyatt received a monkey and Sammy received an elephant and both boys were thrilled.










After the cookies were baked we left the cookies, and fork, and a glass a milk out along with this note that Wyatt had me write for him:

Dear Santa,

Merry Christmas! The fork is to eat your cookies so your gloves don't get messy. Or you can take your gloves off and eat the cookies with your hands. The milk is here because you will get thirsty.

Love, Wyatt


No comments: